domingo, 21 de diciembre de 2014

10th part of my untitled story

White walls. White ceiling. White machines. White dressed people. Others in blue, but white everything...Then, a voice. Muriel's one. Pain in his cheat. Pain in his head. Pain in his arms, especially where some needles were connected to him. Muriel's weeping.

-What...?
-Shh...don't talk---said one of them.

 Someone was talking to his wife, but he couldn't see them. The rest where working with tools and watching a stupid screen with lines that went up and down, doing an irritating noise. Everything was confusing and overwhelming. He was static and ignorant about his condition, while those "snow and water-dressed pixies" were developing his bustling and frenzied -but organized- dance.

-Can you see me properly? How do you feel?
-Yes, I can. I'm fine. A bit dizzy but fine. Why? Where am I?
-Which is your name?
-Adam.
-Adam what?
-Adam Brown.
-Where do you live?
-In Glasgow, Scotland.
-Are you married?
-Yes, with her, Muriel. I've just heard her, where is she?
-Patience, Mr. Brown. Which is the last memory you remember?
-...
-Mr. Brown, ...
-Yes, I've heard you. It's complicated. If I told you, you would believe I'm crazy.
The man looked him strangely and wrote down something.
-It was just a bad dream, nothing serious.
He stopped, suspicious.
-So...have you slept bad?
-Yes.
-But do you remember when did you fall asleep?
-...No.
-...
-Hmm and you?  Do you know it?- Adam was beginning to feel irritated. He had lost his patience long ago, but he tried to hide it.
-This is complicated to say, Mr. Brown...



No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario